Tuesday, July 13, 2010

6 Weeks and 1 Day


At 6 weeks pregnant I'm feeling great!  All my blood work came back clean and clear and apparently raging with pregnancy.  So I have gotten over the denial... I AM PREGNANT.  Weird!  

I'm still working out twice a week and I plan to keep doing so until I cannot even move.  I've learned that it's so important that you keep active in order to get the weight off quickly postpartum.  I've actually been reading a really good book that a friend gave to me now that she's given birth to her beautiful baby girl Maddie.  It's the What to Expect When You're Expecting: Fourth Edition book.

This book has been absolutely amazing at answering all the questions I've had and in a really down to earth non-pushy way.  I really didn't want anyone's opinions pushed on me, just tell me what's healthy and what's not.  This book is it!  There's a great section for expecting Dads too.  But there's no way in hell I'm going to be able to get Jesse to read that section.  He's been amazing anyway so I really don't have anything to worry about.

One thing I don't think they mention in the book that I would like to share with you, is make sure you eat before you take your prenatal vitamin.  I learned the hard way and had to get a second breakfast.  Yuck!

One major dilemma I'm facing right now is that I've just started a new job on June 7th probably near the day I actually conceived, which is crazy, and I'm struggling with what to do.  So far my plan is to wait until my three months probation is done on September 7th.  I really hope I don't get too big before then.  The policies at work states that if I'm at work for 13 consecutive weeks that I'm eligible for mat leave.  I'm not sure if that includes probation period.  I'll soon find out I guess.  I found this page that really helped me knowing what my rights are in Canada as a pregnant woman: http://www.babycenter.ca/pregnancy/work/maternityrights/#6


I'll make sure I update my blog with what I end up doing.  


I haven't posted and belly pictures yet, but as soon as a really baby belly starts to show and less of a gas belly then I'll start to post. :)


One-Yard Wonders: 101 Sewing Fabric Projects; Look How Much You Can Make with Just One Yard of Fabric!Oh and one last book I want to share.  I'm going to sew some really cute baby "things" from the One-Yard Wonders book.  I just need to find out what the baby is so I can get started!  I cannot wait to visit the fabric store!!!!

2 comments on "6 Weeks and 1 Day"

LoriEldridge on July 20, 2010 at 1:34 AM said...

I'm absolutely loving the new look of the site ...super cute! It's completely addictive, beware:) xoxo

Tiffany said...

Hey lovey, just ask a girl who knows the ESA,2000 off by heart! And yes - the 13 weeks DOES include probationary periods! :D

Post a Comment

 

Emily's 1st Pregnancy Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez